LIVE VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION AND LECTURES
Floxsie offers one-hour lectures and two-hour virtual classes spanning from 9 AM to 10 PM EST. Your class or lecture date and time are included in your speaker agreement.
To apply to become an instructor or speaker, please complete the application form below!
Want to be part of what makes Floxsie so unique?Apply to become an Instructor at our next virtual event!
• One hour lecture or two hour virtual class session
• Floxsie provides a Zoom link
• A trained moderator is available for your entire session, including 30 minutes before to help you prepare for your session
• Instructors are paid a set hourly rate (you can input your hourly rate in the application form below)
• NO application fee
What is the difference between a lecture and a class session?
A Class is a 1-2 hour, hands-on session which our participants can join in virtually. As an experienced instructor, you will provide and demonstrate the specific tools, fiber and pattern needed to complete the project and answer participants’ questions as appropriate.
A Lecture is a 1-hour virtual learning session where you provide valuable information as a knowledgeable lecturer, giving your audience an overview of a subject, or providing detailed information about a particular topic.
Do you offer training for new instructors?
Floxsie offers training sessions for all vendors, instructors and demo presenters. Within this session, we offer an overview on how to use Zoom, and how to set up your camera, and tips and tricks for selling during vendor sessions.
Hosted on Zoom Webinar Platform
Three channels of programming will be offered to Floxsie participants:
Channel 1: Events: Demos, Trivia Giveaways and Vendor and Sponsor Knit Nights
Channel 2: Instruction for paid participants
Channel 3: Vendor Marketplace
Lectures and classes span from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST. Your lecture/class date and time is included in your speaker agreement.
To get the most out of your session, we recommend:
• A secure internet connection is ideal, sometimes cell phones, speakerphones, or wifi do not offer a secure connection
• Use the same computer and internet browser you used during the rehearsal
• Provide your direct phone number
• A moderator will be provided and present for your entire session
• Floxsie offers training sessions should you like to join
• We suggest a class size of 40 for hands-on instruction
• We also suggest a size of 100+ participants for lectures
WE'RE SO EXCITED YOU'VE DECIDED TO TAKE PART IN FLOXSIE!
If you're interested in becoming an instructor, please complete the form below. Please note, submission of this application is not a guarantee of a session. All applications will be reviewed and if approved, you will be invited to complete a supplementary form where you'll be able to give us all the necessary details for your sessions.